BAWAR has supported Bay Area youth impacted by commercial exploitation since 2009, and in 2020 we launched Achieving Balance To Overcome Violent Environments (ABOVE) to address the needs of minors and young adults experiencing commercial sexual exploitation/human trafficking (CSE/HT).
The ABOVE Program provides crisis stabilization to all survivors of commercial sexual exploitation and trafficking. Through community education, we work to humanize and de-stigmatize the voices and experiences of survivors.
- 24-hour crisis hotline
- Bedside Advocacy
- Care kits (which may include toiletries, books, clothing, etc.)
- Court and medical accompaniment
- Emergency Relocation/Housing Support
- Healthcare Navigation
- In-custody visits
- Information & Referrals
- Intensive Case Management
- Outdoor & Wellness Activities
- VOC/CalVCB application help